NSSF Action Alert
Governor Cuomo looks to ban all modern sporting rifles
Contact Your Legislators Today and Urge Them to Oppose This Plan
In typical Albany fashion, closed door, backroom meetings are being used by Governor Cuomo and other anti-gun legislators to negotiate away your Second Amendment rights exploiting recent tragedies.
Governor Cuomo and Mayor Bloomberg's allies in Albany want outright bans and onerous restrictions on your rights. Here are a few of the items included in the proposal:
- An outright ban on ALL modern sporting rifles. Governor Cuomo even suggested confiscating legally owned firearms!
- Outlawing all semiautomatic hunting shotguns with a pistol grip.
- Further restricting your ability to defend yourself and family by arbitrarily restricting the magazine size. New York already restricts magazine capacity 10 rounds and seeks to furthur reduce magazine capacity to 7 rounds.
- Limiting how much ammunition you can purchase AND possess.
- Registration of all ammunition purchases.
- Statewide New York City style gun registration; knowing full well criminals won't ever register their guns.
- Re-registration and permit renewal every 5 years with ever increasing fees. Mandatory gun storage laws, like the one the US Supreme Court struck down in the Heller decision.
- Anti-gun Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver said yesterday that the back room deal is 95 percent agreed to.
You must act immediately and call Governor Cuomo, your state senator and your assembly member to demand they respect your Second Amendment rights and not support legislation that burdens and harasses you the law abiding gun owner.
Tell them to instead focus on the criminals who are the problem.
Find your elected officials here.
Visit NSSF's Government Relations site at nssf.org/GovRel