Connecticut: NSSF Action Alert
Attend Connecticut Lobby Day to Protect Your Rights on March 11
Come to Hartford to Let Your Voice be Heard
On Monday, March 11, the National Shooting Sports Foundation, the National Rifle Association, the Coalition of Connecticut Sportsmen and the Connecticut Citizens Defense League, will host a Lobby Day at the State Capitol in Hartford. Monday might be the only chance for your voice to be heard before anti-gun Democrats pass legislation to ban your modern sporting rifles and seek confiscation of the magazines you currently own. Democratic leadership has imposed March 13 as the date to act on the so-called emergency certified gun control bill. Connecticut manufacturers including Colt, Mossberg, Stag Arms, Mec-Gar, OKAY Industries, ASC, Ruger and Metalform will be directly affected by this legislation, resulting in the loss of good paying jobs and badly needed tax revenue to the state.
Senate Democrats on the Task Force ignored any bipartisan cooperation that was earlier predicted and instead recommended far-reaching bans and confiscation that will impact each and every law-abiding Connecticut gun owner.
Some details of the Democratic Proposal:
- A ban on all modern sporting rifles classifying them as "Assault Weapons." ANY rifle or shotgun with a pistol grip will be banned.
- Arbitrarily restricting the magazine size to 10 rounds.
- Confiscating all magazines holding more than 10 rounds, pistols included as of Oct. 1, 2013.
- Mandate an unproven and unavailable smart-gun concept.
- Statewide gun registration for all firearms.
- One-Gun-A-Month restrictions.
- Increase pistol permit fees in order to fund gun-control legislation.
- Expand standards and suitability to acquire pistol permit.
- Eliminate Board of Firearms Permit Examiners which is the appeal process for anyone denied a permit.
Your presence is needed this MONDAY to communicate with your state legislators that you oppose passage of sweeping anti-gun legislation which will only impact federally licensed dealers, manufactures, and law-abiding citizens.
This might be your only opportunity to make your voice heard to your state lawmakers!
We need every concerned citizen to show up in Hartford on Monday to demonstrate your opposition to these proposals!
Details for the Lobby Day:
You have two options either come to the Legislative Office Building on your own or take the complimentary shuttle from Cabela's
|Date:||Monday, March 11|
|Where:||Legislative Office Building at 300 Capitol Avenue in Hartford|
|Parking:||Free parking will be available at Cabela's in Hartford located at 475 East Hartford Boulevard North, East Hartford, CT 06118|
|Transportation:||A complimentary shuttle service will run between Cabela's and the state Capitol between the hours of 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.|
If you are unable to attend the Lobby Day in Hartford, please contact your state Senator and state Representative and urge them to vote against any rights-infringing legislation. Click here to view contact information for your state legislators.