2012 Communicator Awards
Hornady® Marketing Projects Win Multiple Communicator Awards
Projects developed for Hornady® Manufacturing received nine honors during the 2012 Communicator Awards competition. Four out of the nine awards recognized work developed for the company’s Zombie Max™ ammunition line.
The remaining awards recognized work for Hornady’s 2012 product introductions as well as a custom ammunition package commemorating the 100th anniversary of the 1911 pistol.
Following is a recap of the specific awards:
- Gold Award of Excellence, Print Advertising: Zombie Max™ advertising poster
- Gold Award of Excellence, Packaging: Zombie Max™ ammunition packaging
- Gold Award of Excellence, New Products Sales Video: 2012 new product introductions
- Silver Award of Distinction, Media Kit: 2012 media kit
- Silver Award of Distinction, Online Advertising: Zombie Max™ product introduction campaign
- Silver Award of Distinction, Packaging: Hornady® commemorative ammo box- 100th anniversary of the 1911 pistol
- Silver Award of Distinction, Direct Marketing Video: 2012 new product introductions
- Silver Award of Distinction, Sports Video: 2012 new product introductions
- Silver Award of Distinction, Promotional/Branding Video: Zombie Max™ product introduction
Agency of record, Idea Bank Marketing of Hastings, designed the print, packaging and online marketing projects. Idea Bank has worked with Hornady for over 10 years with their marketing and advertising services, including traditional and online ad campaigns, social media marketing, company catalog, website and public relations services.
Master Track Productions of Lincoln, Nebraska, shot and produced the winning videos.
The Communicator Awards is a leading international awards program recognizing big ideas in marketing and communications. Receiving over 6,000 entries each year from companies and agencies of all sizes, it is sanctioned and judged by the International Academy of Visual Arts, an invitation-only body consisting of top-tier professionals from acclaimed media, communications, advertising and marketing firms.