Join us for a tour of our Grand Island, Nebraska factory, where our engineers and craftsmen have been producing award-winning bullets, ammunition and reloading products for over half a century. You'll see how every part of our process from concept to packaging is done right here, often utilizing the original methods and equipment developed by our founder, J.W. Hornady.
Tours are available Monday-Thursday: 8:30am, 9:30am, 10:30am, 1:30pm, 2:30pm, 3:30pm.
Tours are also available on Friday's: 8:30am, 9:30am, 10:30am, 1:30pm, 2:30pm.
While our factory is a wonderful place to visit, it is important to remember that it is, after all, a factory. Please keep the following in mind in order to make the tour safe and enjoyable for all.
- If you have a group of seven or more, we require prior reservations so we can adequately accommodate your group. However, we appreciate reservations for groups of all sizes-- large or small.
- Solid footwear with flat soles and good traction must be worn - ground is uneven in places or could be slippery. In addition, there is quite a bit of walking involved when you take the tour. We must be able to evacuate quickly in case of an emergency. We will not be able to allow wheel chairs or walkers in the factory.
- Protective eyewear must be worn at all times in the factory. Bring your eye glasses or borrow a pair of ours. We will also supply ear protection, which is mandatory for those under 19 years of age.
- The factory can be very loud in certain areas, so if you're sensitive to excessive noise, the tour may not be enjoyable for you.
- The tour does not include every aspect of our manufacturing process, but will give you a comprehensive overview of Hornady Manufacturing.
We look forward to seeing you soon.