Join us for a tour of our Grand Island, Nebraska factory, where our engineers and craftsmen have been producing award-winning bullets, ammunition and reloading products for over half a century. You'll see how every part of our process from concept to packaging is done right here, often utilizing the original methods and equipment developed by our founder, J.W. Hornady.
Tours are available Monday-Thursday: 8:30am, 9:30am, 10:30am, 1:30pm, 2:30pm, 3:30pm.
Tours are also available on Friday's: 8:30am, 9:30am, 10:30am, 1:30pm, 2:30pm.
Various shooting competitions will take place at the Heartland Public Shooting Park in Grand Island, NE this spring and summer. We would love for competitors, spectators, friends and family to visit Hornady Manufacturing during this time, please reference the competitons with their corresponding date and the available tour hours:
Cornhusker State Trap, April 28-30, 2016 (Thursday-Saturday) - Tours will be available Thursday and Friday at 8:30am, 10:00am, 1:00pm and 3:00pm.
Zombies in the Heartland, 3-Gun Match, June 2-5, 2016 (Thursday-Sunday) - Tours will be available Thursday and Friday at 8:30 am, 10:00am, 1:00pm and 3:00pm.
Sportsman's Team Challenge, June 10-12, 2016 (Friday-Sunday) - Tours will be available Thursday and Friday at 8:30 am, 10:00am, 1:00pm and 3:00pm.
4H Nationals, June 27-July 2, 2016 (Monday-Saturday) - Tours will be available Thursday and Friday at 8:30 am, 10:00am, 1:00pm and 3:00pm.
*Please note, tour times do fill up quickly and reservations are required*
The tour typically lasts 30 minutes and admission is free. Please call 308.382.1390 ext. 290 or email for reservations and more information on group tour availability.
While our factory is a wonderful place to visit, it is important to remember that it is, after all, a factory. Please keep the following in mind in order to make the tour safe and enjoyable for all.
- If you have a group of seven or more, we require prior reservations so we can adequately accommodate your group. However, we appreciate reservations for groups of all sizes-- large or small.
- Solid footwear with flat soles and good traction must be worn - ground is uneven in places or could be slippery. In addition, there is quite a bit of walking involved when you take the tour.
- Protective eyewear must be worn at all times in the factory. Bring your eye glasses or borrow a pair of ours. We will also supply ear protection, which is mandatory for those under 19 years of age.
- The factory can be very loud in certain areas, so if you're sensitive to excessive noise, the tour may not be enjoyable for you.
- The tour does not include every aspect of our manufacturing process, but will give you a comprehensive overview of Hornady Manufacturing.
We look forward to seeing you soon.